Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fun Vacation on the River

We took a vacation!  A WEEK long vacation.  A WEEK long CAMPING vacation.  
We left early Sunday morning and stayed our first night at Canton Lake in Oklahoma.


 The next day, we drove across Oklahoma, took several wrong turns, but ended up at the War Eagle camp ground on the Illinois River near Tahlequah, Oklahoma. 
 We stayed there Monday through Wednesday nights. 






 The kids were able to swim in the river right at the back door of our camp.  We did a lot of fishing and ate very well!


The kids had great aspirations of sleeping in their tents all week.  I'm proud to say Tyler actually did.  Hayden and Aerin found the air conditioning (and the safety) of the trailer very inviting.

 Tuesday we took a rafting trip down the Illinois river.  What an absolute blast!  So fun and so very relaxing!










  The kids and Johnny and Grandpa hit up the water slide too.  Its hot and humid in Oklahoma!  The kids tried to stay in the water 24/7!










Thursday morning we headed out and back to Oklahoma City for some fun.  We hit Celebration Station and the family dominated the go-carts.  Aerin got in trouble for doing a little bumping with her car, but she's just the one that got caught!  You know other family members were doing that too....  
And Friday morning we rounded out the vacation with a trip to Frontier City in Oklahoma City.  I didn't take my camera in the park, but we had some awesome pictures made inside.  I do wish I had a picture of Hayden's face each time we made him get on a roller coaster.  It builds character, right?

 We went for the Hatfields/McCoys type picture.  I gotta say, Hayden and Johnny could easily have been straight out of the 1800's.
And we are home now and tired, and sunburned, and have bug bites all over.... what a great time!!

No comments: