Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break 2010 - Ice Fishing

No really, for Spring Break, we took Aerin and my mom and dad up to Eagle Nest, New Mexico and went ICE FISHING. I have great memories of trips with my dad, mom and brother to Eagle Nest ice fishing when I was about Aerin's age. We had a great first day out. On the way up to the lake, we saw hundreds of antelope. They have such a cute face!
The first day, the temperature was a nice 45 degrees - and the ice on the lake was about 2 feet thick. It was a gorgeous day - and now Aerin and Johnny can say they have been fishing on a lake of ice AND both took a nap on a lake of ice. Needless to say, the fish just weren't biting. But I think Aerin still had a blast - and she found a cool igloo that had been built on the lake and she played in there awhile.
AWESOME IGLOO RIGHT ON THE LAKE NAP TIME... ZZZZZZ....HARD DAY FISHIN FOR AERIN

Second day, mom and dad made it up and Johnny, Dad and I went out for a second day of fishing. Ok, in a blizzard and temperatures of around 20 degrees, we STILL had so much fun and I caught the fish - THE fish - of the day. Yeah me! And then around 3pm the Heaven's opened and dropped 18 inches of snow in about - oh - 2 hours!!! -
so we had fun in the cabin that night and stayed warm.
DAD AND JOHNNY DRILLIN OUR HOLES
MY YELLOW FISH - AND MY SMOKIN HOT RED SNOW SUIT LOL ABOUT 2 FEET OF SNOW ON TOP OF THE YUKON!!!THE SNOW WAS AS TALL AS AERIN!!

Third day, we hit the road and went through Red River, Taos and Angel Fire. I have to say, God is so wonderful and he paints the most beautiful scenery. Its just breathtaking up there. RED RIVER, NEW MEXICOTAOS, NEW MEXICO MIMI AND POPPY

Fourth day - HOME - TIRED - but so happy and blessed to have shared it all with my family. Hope you all had a beautiful Spring Break!!

No comments: