Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Highlights from California

We decided to do a little vacationing when we went to California for Aerin's meet. We went to an Oakland A's Game - - - they did not win, but we had tickets in the all you can eat section, and we absolutely paid for those tickets in cokes, popcorn and hot dogs so we won there!San Jose, California was not that pretty of a place. This was the best I could do. This is a picture from downtown San Jose. There were tons of historical buildings, including an old theater where Johnny got into the ticket booth. Cause he's crazy like that. Ok, yes, I took a picture of a bathroom. But I've never seen such a fancy port-a-potty!! And it was right there in the middle of the sidewalk. I know---I don't get out much.
And this is from San Fransico. In this picture, Alcatraz is just to Johnny's right.

There were sea lions on Pier 39, down at Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransico. I could have stayed there all day - - but it was COLD and I was not dressed for the weather. The second day we went, we both wore warmer clothes. I had no clue it would be in the 50's. It was 100 degrees in San Jose and then 45 mintues north, 50! Crazy California.

Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.

We loved seeing Alcatraz - but we didn't get to do the official tour, it was all sold out! And we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge, just to say we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was foggy and I didn't get really good pictures of it. We did enjoy the trip - ate great seafood that cost waaay too much and met people who were not to friendly, until they heard our accent, and then warmed up and said, "So, yall from down South?"

No comments: